Legend & Notes
|Provided by the Ontario Environmental Directory and Ontario Environment Network|
This is a legend for the columns of the Environmental Search Guide.
(1) OEN Members & Subscribers paid members and subscribers of the Ontario Environment Network. You can also use the Advanced Search Form to search for members, subscribers or both. Click here for more information on OEN membership.
(2) Ontario Environmental Directory a directory of hundreds of groups, organizations and agencies across Ontario, Canada. Includes both OEN members and non-members. For more information on the directory, see the Directory homepage or the About page. You can also use the Listings Page or Advanced Search Form to search by any criteria desired.
(3) OEN Caucuses Caucuses provide a specialized mechanism for OEN member groups to communicate with each other, formulate joint briefs and submissions, participate in consultations, prepare educational resources, promote initiatives, and undertake other activities pertaining to specific issues. The Caucuses also work to develop and maintain consultative relationships with key government ministries and agencies. They, like the OEN, are non-advocacy and do not take positions or stands on issues.
(4) CEN Caucuses caucuses of the Canadian Environmental Network (CEN). Caucus members determine the priority issues and activities upon which they will focus. Members elect a steering committee responsible for administering caucus affairs. Generally, caucus members get together as often as possible, allowing the free flow and sharing of information, concerns and experiences among environmental groups from across the country. Caucuses are open to all CEN members in good standing. They often establish links with other sectors of civil society such as labour and international development NGOs, and work with the support of various levels of government.
(5) Planetfriendly.net The People- & Planet-Friendly Directory offers organized, annotated links and resources on environmental and related themes. Includes the Ecoportal, an annotated directory of environmental portals, networks and directories in Canada and beyond. (Also: Calendar, Newsletter, GoodWork job listings).
(6) GreenOntario.org website/portal/guide created by the Conservation Council of Ontario
(7) TheGreenPages.ca an environmental portal including a large web resource directory of Canadian environmental websites.
(8) Google Directory enormous directory of the internet, organized by categories (directory.google.com). [Google is a for-profit corporation. Its directory section is based on the Open Directory Project, "the largest, most comprehensive human-edited directory of the Web, constructed and maintained by a vast global community of volunteer editors". It can be accessed directly at www.dmoz.org. For other directories, see Environmental Directories, Portals & Networks and (1) (2) (3) (4)]
Environmental Search Guide thematic directory of major environmental portals in Ontario and Canada. Compiled by Peter Blanchard for both the Ontario Environment Network and People- & Planet-Friendly. It can be found at www.oen.ca/dir/searchguide.html and www.planetfriendly.net/ecosearch.html please link to either of these pages.
See also: Environmental Directories, Portals & Networks in Canada & Beyond. A great starting point to find environmental groups, organizations, people, places, activities, news, information and opportunity. (www.oen.ca/dir/portals.html and www.planetfriendly.net/ecoportal.html)
Back to OEN Home Directory Home Search Form