The Ontario Environment Network is a democratic organization whose Steering Committee members are elected by its membership, with a slate of nominees ratified at the Annual General Meeting of the OEN membership. As such, the Steering Committee is directly accountable to the OEN membership for the decisions and action taken on their behalf.
The Steering Committee's role:
to manage and makes decision with respect to the OEN finances, income and expenditures
to plan projects and programs for the OEN, and represent the organizations with respect to those programs and projects, or to appoint representatives to do so.
- to hire, fire and evaluate staff, and direct their activities while in the employ of the OEN as pertaining to the OEN.
The 2016-2017 Steering Committee:
- Leslie Adams, Protect Our Water and Environmental Resources, OEN Chair
- John Coombs
- Bonnie Henderson
- Diala Jawhary
- Alexandra Keenan
- Larry McDermott, Plenty Canada
- Kathryn Norman, Sustainable Eastern Ontario
- Patrick Schaefer, Emerging Leaders for Biodiversity
- Wendy Thomson, ElectricGreen Environment News
- Carissa Wong
Members of the Steering Committee are expected to comply with the job description.