The Ontario Environment Network is a democratic organization whose Steering Committee members are elected by its membership, with a slate of nominees ratified at the Annual General Meeting of the OEN membership. As such, the Steering Committee is directly accountable to the OEN membership for the decisions and action taken on their behalf.
The Steering Committee's role:
to manage and makes decision with respect to the OEN finances, income and expenditures
to plan projects and programs for the OEN, and represent the organizations with respect to those programs and projects, or to appoint representatives to do so.
- to hire, fire and evaluate staff, and direct their activities while in the employ of the OEN as pertaining to the OEN.
The Steering Committee:
- Leslie Adams, Protect Our Water and Environmental Resources, OEN Co-Chair
- John Coombs, MBEN
- Bonnie Henderson, Unifor 4451 Environment Committee, Treasurer
- Alexandra Keenan, RCEN
- Andrew McCammon, Ontario Headwaters Institute
- Aleks Spasevski, Biodiversity Views Ontario, Secretary
- Wendy Thomson, ElectricGreen Environment News, OEN Co-Chair
- Kelsey Worboys, Emerging Leaders for Biodiversity
Members of the Steering Committee are expected to comply with the steering committee job description